Monday, June 07, 2010

Facts are Facts



Hornbrook Barn Opus 2

Facts are Facts

Great art challenges not only the viewer but also the artists who create it. Most artists paint what they know and do it to the best of their ability. A few artists take on creative work that challenges their knowledge and reveals their inabilities. However, when they do overcome this kind of challenge, they realize that the rewards are huge. Artists who need ongoing reassurance that they are on the right track may miss the opportunity to reach past their comfort zone to experience the thrill of pleasing themselves with a painting that shares the truth of their view of the world.

Remember, what we do is not easy. A plumber learns his craft and does it. Teachers learn dates and events, and recall them often looking at notes. Lawyers learn the facts of the law and put those facts to work. Artists are required to turn their insides out and express their thoughts and feelings for the world, and then the world judges whether it is good or not. In addition, a painting (often displaying the artist’s name) can be around forever either hanging in a museum or sitting in someone’s garage and every one who sees it will have an opinion about it. It can be intimidating but here are some pointers.

1. Create a mission statement. Every successful business creates a mission statement. Why would your art business be any different? Make sure that your mission statement inspires you and share it with everyone who you know. You can even email your mission statement to me.

2. Find a teacher or a coach. A truly great artist does not work in a vacuum. A good coach will request projects and keep you on schedule, and having ongoing input will keep you on track. Stay in touch with your coach and let him know about your successes as well as the difficulties you may be having with your projects.

3. Find a community of artists. Most towns have non-profit art guilds or a group that connects artists with other artists to share common interests as well as promoting art shows, education, and artistic community events. Art classes are also a great place to start.

Finally, we do not remember those artists who followed the rules more diligently than everyone else did, but instead we remember those who created art by trusting themselves, often becoming the creators of “rules that inevitably we follow.” In his day, Van Gogh was not popular or viewed as a great artist, but because his artistic expression was honest and reflected what he saw, today we think of him as an artistic genius. The reality is that he was no more a genius that you are. He just painted what he saw and he painted everyday

22 Comments:

Blogger nanshu said...

I loves your this pic!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ruth Steinfatt said...

Well said! your work is really good.

6:16 PM  
Blogger judith said...

Very nice pic.... photo to canvas

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stepen is one of the greastest teacher of all times. He finally got me thru the first step of my painting what I see. good going stefen.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Urban said...

Stefan- Your comment on articstic vision hit home. Painting what you are seeing. Of course, seeing is more complex than mere vision. Seeing with one's entire being.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful read Sir! I am looking forward to meeting you as the energy present in your writing shows your love for painting is truly a passionate one. This being said I am also sure that there is much to learn from you and I am hoping to take advantage of that. Perhaps you have seen some of my work around the Redding area over the past 4 years. The huge windows at The Darkside and Tattoo on Pine are done by me almost monthly and are just done by the seat of my pants.That is my favorite way to paint these days and I wanted to tell you that the confidence present in my strokes comes from my KNOWING that I am just a brush in the hand of the "IS" or "God" if you prefer. That is what I trust in, not myself. This is also the reason I paint. I like going to that place where I am held by the One that made me and sometimes the end result is as amazing to me as it is to some of the onlookers. This is why I paint all day for a living then come home to relax and find myself craving the brush again. Sorry I babble.....Meet you soon I hope!
Sincerely Guy

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

An art is a challenging task. I am happy to be a part of this discussion. Research proposal writing service will show the exact route to enhance your creativity.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


zhengjx20160601
vans sneakers
coach outlet store online clearances
toms shoes outlet online
vans outlet
longchamp outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
true religion outlet
louis vuitton
coach outlet
ladies cartier watches
louis vuitton handbags
rolex watches
true religion jeans
michael kors outlet clearance
christian louboutin sale clearance
ray ban sunglasses outlet
insanity workout
retro 11
rolex watches
jordan retro 11
beats by dre outlet
louis vuitton outlet
kate spade outlet
coach outlet online
louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
adidas superstar shoes
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops
retro jordans 13
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
replica watches
longchamp handbags
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet online
air jordan 4
tods outlet store
oakley canada

1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will use your thesis writing tips in my home assignment about art. I agree with you in all aspects. I think that there are no rules in art - just imagination and our soul.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Hanna said...

Wow! I must say that your pictures are amazing. This site contains so many professional arts, no doubt you are doing hard work here. I think I will be back here later to find more cool things from you in future. Besides, for all new posts you may use www.custom-paper-writing.org and be sure in high quality all of your new writings.

5:15 AM  
Blogger UplayOnline said...

This is why I paint all day for a living then come home to relax and find myself craving the brush again.




สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง
goldenslot

2:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

given article is very helpful and very useful for my admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here hopefully helped : walatra sehat sendi jelly gamat qnc obat benjolan di kepala obat benjolan di payudara obat polip hidung

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Cara menyembuhkan muntaber said...

thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :

Cara menyembuhkan kudis
Cara menyembuhkan hepatitis a
Cara menurunkan berat badan

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Obat Flu Berkepanjangan said...

This article is very useful, thank you for sharing. And allow me to share articles too, it's about health and treatment. God willing it will be useful for us all. Thank you :)

Obat Penyakit Anemia Aplastik
Cara Menyembuhkan Polip Hidung Tanpa Operasi
Obat Bintitan Paling Ampuh
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Ketiak
Obat Ampuh Psoriasis

6:41 AM  
Blogger Zihan Amelia said...

Subhanallah..simple analogy but deep meaning. something we know but we never realized, opened my mind and heart. Cara Melancarkan Haid Obat Pilek Cara Mengatasi Gejala Tipes

12:47 AM  
Blogger Obat Sakit Tenggorokan said...

Subhanallah..simple analogy but deep meaning. something we know but we never realized, opened my mind and heart. Cara Mengobati Cacar Air Cara Mengatasi Gejala Tipes Cara Mengobati Vitiligo Cara Menurunkan Kolesterol Tinggi

12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These competitors includes lot many contests that are hung on normal basis or sometimes as well as to win them you require to rack up highest facebook suches as on your ID. buying usa facebook likes

9:38 PM  
Blogger dera said...

obat penghancur benjolan di leher

6:41 PM  
Blogger loda lasan said...

I get very helpful and useful information from your site . It aslo helpful for newcomers , keep going. I would like to suggest to you something whichis really interesting about Autoclicker

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeezy
russell westbrook shoes
bape clothing
supreme
moncler
hermes birkin
hermes bags
paul george
supreme
moncler coat

12:57 AM  
Anonymous member slot said...

member slot เว็บสล็อตที่ใหญ่ที่สุด สมัครเว็บไม่มีอันตราย100% pg slot มาพร้อมโปรโมชั่นพิเศษมากมายเว็บตรงแตกไวได้เงินจริง สำหรับผู้ที่กำลังมองหาเว็บพนันออนไลน์ ไม่ควรพลาด!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Alexander Milton said...

The information provide by you is very informative and im very glad u post this things and you can also https://earnfreerobux.splashthat.com/

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home