Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter Color



This takes you to eBay

Let me first start off by saying that I am completely grateful and overwhelmed by your response to this daily forum. I never thought that so many artists would respond with so many compliments, support and gratitude. Thank you for this opportunity. Together we will explore and discover the secrets of creating art. I am inspired!

Today I thought you might like to enjoy a little color. My studio is always set up with little things that I can paint at a moments notice. What also helps to paint still life quickly is to have a “still life” stage which you can make from a box cut in half, the inside back painted a dark color, and a light on a stand near by that functions as your light source. Whenever you are inspired to paint live from your studio, you are ready to go.

Making art is not difficult, but it can be frustrating. Often the work we have not done seems more real in our minds than the pieces we have completed. Most artists live with doubt and uncertainty, worrying whether there is an audience or reward. The result is the artist does not having a secure grounding before beginning to create. You must set aside your doubts and fears and push though YOUR own negative beliefs. Then YOU will be able to create the art you want and nourish yourself within that art.
Great art is not the product of genius or produced by people with greater talent. It is what you see and how you see it that makes great art great.
Let me know what you think Stefan_Baumann@yahoo.com