Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Shasta Sunset Opus 2"




(Bid On This Painting)
This will take you over to eBay
It is hard to imagine that we live so close to Mt Shasta. The summit is only 10 miles from my studio window (as the crow flies). I marvel moment-by-moment at the spectacular beauty that surrounds us here at The Grand View Ranch. The view of the mountain changes every second. At times, I wonder if I paint the light on the mountain at this very moment as I see it, would anyone believe it could look that amazing.

I remember Miss Gogolinsky, a woman that I met early in my painting quest. I admired her paintings and wanted to learn from her the secret of painting (at that time, she was 95 and this was 25 years ago). She had studied in Paris when women where first accepted into the academy and she knew many of the famous impressionist painters personally. She told me that the secret of painting is “Paint what you see.” I could not imagine that one statement has stuck with me for so long. I use it in every workshop and class. The answer to every question about painting the subject is right in front of you. Students just have to look at what they see and not make it up. It is very simple. Everything is right there; color, perspective, value, shape, form, etc. The whole method of direct painting is to depict faithfully what you see and not to demonstrate cleverness with a brush. The secret to great painting depends upon how critically you observe the subject and paint what you see.

In the past weeks, I have had many questions about supplies and painting outdoors. I recommend that you check out www.outdoorpainting.com. This is a great resource for outdoor painters with articles and tips on painting. I also recommend that you visit www.artworkessentials.com for outdoor painting easels. In all of my years, I have never worked with a more professional outfit for supplies. Let them know I sent you.

Remember, this is a forum for sharing information and inspiration. I hope that we can build a community of artists that can share information with each other. If you know of any artists that might appreciate being included, let them know about this blog.
I hope to offer more painting tips as this conversation continues.If you have questions that you would like me to answer, please don’t hesitate to email me anytime. I welcome your feedback. Stefan_Baumann@yahoo.com

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

sac hermes, replica handbags, lululemon canada, true religion jeans, coach purses, nike air max uk, air max, michael kors pas cher, guess pas cher, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike tn, true religion outlet, polo lacoste, north face uk, kate spade, new balance, ray ban pas cher, nike free run, nike air max uk, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike roshe, north face, jordan pas cher, mulberry uk, burberry pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, hollister uk, nike free uk, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, hogan outlet, nike air force, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, nike roshe run uk, louboutin pas cher, coach outlet store online, nike air max, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, timberland pas cher, longchamp pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet

6:56 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, converse, pandora jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski crystal, hollister, moncler outlet, canada goose, doudoune moncler, ugg uk, toms shoes, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, swarovski, karen millen uk, supra shoes, gucci, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose outlet, canada goose, wedding dresses, barbour uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, nike air max, canada goose outlet, links of london, replica watches, pandora charms, barbour, lancel, marc jacobs, hollister, canada goose jackets, ugg, vans, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, ray ban, montre pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, converse outlet, moncler

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home